Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

I think that there is something therapeutic about sitting down and writing out your goals at the begining of a New Year. Below I have listed my top resolutions for 2012!

1. Stay fit. Over the Holidays I really began stepping up my work out routine, I am proud to say that I made it to the gym practically every day. One of my resolutions is to keep on track and work out at least 3-4 times a week.

2. Stay Positive. You can’t begin the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading your last one. Everything that has ever happened in your life is preparing you for a moment that is yet to come. "Worry will not strip tomorrow of its burdens, it will strip today of its joy."

3. Try new things. In the past I have always resisted trying new things and having new experiences. This year I want to get out of my comfort zone and have fun experiencing new adventures. Ex. Travel somewhere I've never been or even as simple as trying a new food (for a picky person this is hard to do!)

4. Time with Friends and Family. One of my favourite things to do is spend time with friends and family. I feel like my Holidays were jam packed with quality time with loved ones and I would like to continue this into the New Year! "They are the ones who make you feel more alive, and not only embrace who you are now, but also embrace and embody who you want to be, unconditionally."

5. Be Happy. I realize that I need to take more time for myself and make my needs more of a priority. Happiness and getting to know yourself gives you a better understanding of where you are now and how you got here, and you will be better prepared to identify where you want to go and how to get there. 

6. Be Passionate. I think in order to have success in achieving my goals a career change is necessary. My goal is to have a career that I am passionate about, and I aim to complete my Real Estate License and begin working as an agent before the end of 2012!

7. Be Healthy. I want to become more domesticated and devote more time to making healthier meals and eating healthier snacks.

8. Be Smart. My goal is to actually finish the books I purchase this year (my goal is to finish atleast 5 in the next year).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment dolls xx,
Laurie